Interim Procurement Lead
We are working with a Public Sector client based in Central London who are on the look out for an Interim Procurement Lead on a 6-12 month contract. This role is INSIDE IR35 with a maximum day rate of £600 on offer. Candidates applying must be available at short notice/for an immediate start.
The successful candidate will be working on a new service which is a hugely significant development and will have a positive impact on millions throughout the UK – the aim now is to turn the development into a delivery solution! The aim of the role is to help facilitate implementation of technology, safeguarding and standard that will enable commercial and non-commercial dashboards to operate.
The Procurement Lead will be key to developing a commercial procurement strategy which will source components of the solution. You will be required to develop business plans and roadmaps in collaboration to help towards procuring what is required. Other responsibilities will include ensuring that procurement strategies support the delivery of organisational long term aims, including delivering value for money and mitigating risk. You will frequently negotiate with key suppliers and manage important relationships between various internal and external stakeholders.
- MCIPS qualified or working towards/equivalent experience
- Strong background of working in the Public Sector in Procurement and/or Category Management
- Central Government procurement practice experience and exposure to significant change and transformation projects in the Public Sector
- Expert knowledge and hands on experience of running end to end OJEU compliant procurements
- Excellent negotiation skills, and an enthusiasm/commitment to providing an excellent service to end users.
- Understanding and experience of delivering/achieving Value for Money