Marketing Procurement Buyer
Our client is looking to supplement their successful procurement function by bringing in a Buyer to assist the Marketing Services category manager with developing and implementing their procurement strategy on a Europe-wide basis. They are home to some of the most iconic British snacks, and their aims are to keep delivering top quality marketing campaigns at a competitive cost whilst not sacrificing the quality of the campaigns themselves.
The successful candidate will have prior experience with marketing procurement and have the confidence to negotiate with suppliers and manage/influence senior stakeholders. This is a great opportunity for those wanting to experience marketing on a grander scale, working with large budgets upwards of £100m.
As the Marketing Services Buyer, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing procurement strategies in a greenfield function, across a wide range of remits, including: creating and developing the procurement strategy, packing, social media, customer insights POS and marketing production
- Leading high-level marketing negotiations as well as providing expert analysis on all areas of the marketing procurement function
- Assisting in end-to-end procurement projects
- Ownership of the tender process
As a Marketing Services Procurement Buyer, the successful candidate will have:
- Experience with marketing procurement
- This includes knowledge of marketing service agencies and how they work
- Confidence when managing and influencing senior stakeholders
- Knowledge of e-tendering platforms such as Oracle, Sap, Ariba etc
- CIPS beneficial, but not essential
This is an ideal opportunity for anybody wishing to step up into a newly created position and make their mark within a larger company, that has a truly nationwide presence that their products into thousands of stores around the UK and internationally
This is the perfect opportunity to join a truly fantastic company that places employees' professional and personal progression at it's core. Learning from seasoned procurement professionals, and assisting in high-budget projects, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Keywords: Procurement; Buyer; Marketing; procurement strategy; tendering; strategic procurement; marketing strategy;