A engineering firm is seeking an astute Buyer to join their procurement team to facilitate their development in the global engineering market. Due to exceptional growth, they're expanding their entire procurement function to service greater demand for their services within telecoms and connectivity.
The buyer will play a key role within the procurement team. On top of leading on purchase orders and helping the company with New Product Development, you will help the long-term viability for the company's growth by taking ownership of supplier relationships, whether it be creating new working relationships or managing existing partnerships.
The buyer will…
- Handle purchase orders and ensure a high quality of goods upon delivery
- Working on NPD and Design-to-Cost projects with new and existing suppliers on clients' procurement projects
- Take charge of day to day commercial issues such as problems with suppliers/deliveries
- Take the lead on and manage key supplier relationships - these are often from around the world, predominantly in Europe.
- Support the Purchasing Manager as required - this will often involve assisting on the Management plan, purchasing guidelines and more
- Experience in a procurement/purchasing role in an engineering and manufacturing context, working alongside design and logistics teams
- Experience of working on NPD projects
- Confidence when working with key internal and external stakeholders
- Commercially astute - this is a great chance to showcase your decision-making and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of procurement platforms such as Orcale, SAP, Ariba
- Degree and/or CIPs beneficial
Bear in mind that the role will involve some travel within the UK
This is a great opportunity to make your mark on the procurement function within this company as they truly welcome employees' input and as such offers incredible professional progression opportunities in the procurement world.
Key words: Purchasing; buyer; procurement; engineering; manufacturing; Tendering; global; NPD; New Product Development