Our client is a global manufacturing firm operating in over 50 countries worldwide with revenues of over £6bn. They're experiencing exceptional growth in demand for their telecoms and connectivity services in the UK and are seeking a Buyer to join and play a huge role in their growing procurement function.
Working closely with the Purchasing Manager you'll take the lead on purchase orders and helping the company with New Product Development, you will help shape the future and long-term viability of the procurement function in pursuit of continued growth and expansion in the UK market.
Role and responsibilities
- Handle purchase orders and ensure a high quality of goods upon delivery and managing supplier relationships
- This will include managing commercial issues e.g. quality control and issues with delivery
- Working with on-site engineers and designers on New Product Development and Design-to-Cost projects
- Manage key supplier relationships within the UK and Europe.
- Support the Purchasing Manager as required - this will often involve assisting on the Management plan, purchasing guidelines and more
- History of working in procurement in a manufacturing/engineering organisation
- Experience of working on NPD projects with design and logistics teams
- Confidence when working with key internal and external stakeholders
- Commercially astute - decision-making and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of E-procurement platforms such as Orcale, SAP, Ariba
- Degree and/or CIPs beneficial
This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience within a global organisation whilst having tangible input into the future of the procurement function. They value employees' input and offer avenues for progression within the company.
If this is of interest, please press the Apply button below or send your CV to jobsAZ@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Key words: Purchasing; buyer; procurement; engineering; manufacturing; Tendering; global; NPD; New Product Development; supplier management; stakeholder management