Exciting Procurement opportunity for an experienced & driven Category Specialist / Buyer to support change & manage Indirect sub-category spend across the Group for our market leading Services client. Interested?
As Category Specialist, you will be part of the newly created Group Procurement team whose purpose is to centrally manage the internal and external spend by the Group, bringing governance and control to the Procurement process.
The Category Specialist will manage spend in the region of £10-15m, across a range of sub-categories within the TOMFF (Travel, Office Services, Marketing, Fleet and FM) team. The individual will manage sub-categories, including, but not limited to, Print, Couriers, Archiving, Franking, Shredding and Credit Reference spend.
As Category Specialist, you will follow the central SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) programme, with their key strategic suppliers, as well as running cost savings initiatives for the business, in order to drive and achieve agreed savings targets.
- The key objective for the individual is to identify cost savings opportunities, and deliver successful projects to drive the savings into the divisions. This must always be completed whilst upholding the Company’s core values, in line with the central governance procedures, and following their 6 step sourcing methodology.
- The individual will act as a change agent within the business, driving business excellence, within a diverse and evolving environment.
As Category Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Running & implementing projects to bring about the agreed annual savings
- Tracking project savings & monthly MI reporting
- Liaising with cross-functional teams of operational stakeholders, sourcing & commercial managers through to deliver savings for the Group
- Working with the Senior Category Manager & Head of Category, to develop & deliver clear sub-category strategies for Group Procurement
- Ensuring suppliers provide value for money & business benefit to the company, including innovative proposals for cost savings
- Implementing supplier relationship management with all key suppliers, as an effective & efficient process, ensuring compliance with all policies, minimum standards & governance/risk mechanisms
- Developing relationships with existing suppliers, leveraging spend to reduce costs, whilst increasing the efficiency within the business
- Developing strategic relationships with new suppliers & partners to meet customer needs & requirements
- Ensuring that all supplier agreements are effectively implemented & managed for suppliers under the individual’s management
- Carrying out Supplier negotiations through a structured & well documented process
- Challenging current sourcing strategies & work with the category teams to constantly improve the supply chain & ensure it adapts to challenging & changing market conditions
- Carrying out weekly reviews with Senior Category Manager, to review status on current procurement activities
As Category Specialist, you will have:
- Experience leading Procurement projects from end to end, working to a structured process & under stringent governance procedures
- Experience building & implementing sourcing strategies, working with stakeholders & divisions to gain agreement & commitment to change
- Strong experience managing supplier negotiations
- Experience running a coherent SRM programme, and dealing with difficult stakeholder & suppliers through this process
- Managing & influencing stakeholders & suppliers
- Working & delivering to targets, within a complex organisational structure
- Strong analytical capabilities & Microsoft Excel stills
To register your interest in this Category Specialist role, or any other opportunity please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details to email@example.com or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.