Experienced Procurement Manager required to deliver strategic, efficient and flexible procurement service for our client across a variety of categories, predominately IT & Telecoms services but also Professional Services & HR.
Our client has built the data and communications infrastructure that will support the mass roll out of smart electricity and gas meters to homes and small businesses across the country. The world’s most ambitious smart meter rollout will see over 53 million smart meters installed across the UK by 2020. Join them and you’ll be part of a team that is supporting the country’s transition to a low-carbon economy, and helping to ensure an affordable, secure and sustainable energy supply for the future.
You will be working across exciting and innovative programmes delivering a strategic, efficient and flexible procurement service which will provide Value for Money and ensure high levels of stakeholder satisfaction.
As Procurement Manager you will report to the Head of Procurement and be responsible for providing procurement support and expertise to the company in the following areas:
- Leading procurement projects across a variety of categories, predominately IT and Telecommunications services but also professional services & HR, in accordance with the company’s procurement strategy
- Creating and managing supplier relationships
- Supporting the Project Lead in complex negotiations
- Maintaining the schedule of and plans for procurements
- Writing and editing tender documents
- Driving and optimising a robust process to deliver the required outcomes whilst protecting the company commercially
- Creating and maintaining audit trails for procurements and ensuring that all sourcing is carried out in accordance with the license obligations
- Contributing the development of contract terms and conditions alongside core commercial team and legal
- Working with stakeholders and subject matter experts to incorporate service requirements into requirements specification schedules
- Contributing to development of pricing mechanisms, service levels and service credit mechanisms
As Procurement Manager, you will be/have:
- Previous IT & Telecoms strategic sourcing & category management experience
- Able to demonstrate rich procurement and/or commercial experience via previous roles
- Experience of leading large and complex procurement projects
- Creating and delivering sourcing strategies
- Leading procurement projects from conception through to contract completion and mobilisation
- Demonstrable experience of delivery value for money for your organisation
- Experience managing supplier contracts through procurement and service delivery
- Strong negotiation experience
- Professional and discrete manner
- Initiative to manage queries and improve processes
- Communication and presentation skills: ability to convey messages to different audiences in appropriate manner/method and deliver the desired outcome
- Organisational skills: ability to handle effectively multiple concurrent work streams
- Focus and thoroughness: ability to consume large quantity of information whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Influencing skills: ability to develop effective working relationships, engendering a collaborative style, with the ability to create trust and confidence
- Good MS office skills: Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Project also useful)
- Previous experience of working in smart metering desirable or regulated industry - Energy, Government or Telecommunications
To register your interest in this Procurement Manager role, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to email@example.com, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Apply for Procurement Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly