Head of Product Development -Greenfield E-Scooter Retailer
Pure Scooters - Head of Product Development - Greenfield Electric Scooter Retailer - Rapidly Growing Organisation - South West England (Office based 3/4 days a week)
Bramwith Consulting is proud to be partnering exclusively with one of the most dynamic & exciting names in the consumer electronic market.
About Pure Scooters:
Pure Scooters is a specialist electric scooter retailer founded by entrepreneur Adam Norris. Formed in October 2018 and already with a team of 20+ staff, they have ambitious plans to become the largest electric scooter retailer in Europe in dynamic fast-growth industry.
As part of their expansion and development, Pure Scooters seek a Product/Procurement Director with experience in related industries to lead the growth of their buying & product development team. Located in one of the most beautiful parts of England, they're offering relocation assistance in addition to an excellent package for the right candidate.
As Head of Product Development & Procurement, you will:
- Define and develop the product vision and strategy to enable Pure to be one step ahead of the competition, working with commercial marketing team to gain customer insights that drive the product roadmap
- Establish the sourcing framework that enables Pure to build partnerships with suppliers (scooters and accessories), that develop our product offering, through pricing, exclusive product periods, warranties, returns, delivery timings and joint point of sale solutions.
- Develop key relationships with high-profile global suppliers of electric scooter & accessory products to develop a best-in-class procurement team, implementing policy & procedure from the ground up
- Negotiate with key manufacturing suppliers in Far East Asia to ensure the organisation reach their objectives of becoming the market leader
- Build consistent processes that capture early stage conception through to the end of the product lifestyle. Working across the international team locations we operate in, driving the overall product management discipline in alignment with the business strategies
- In tandem with the organisation's ambitious growth agenda, you will implement procurement policy & process whilst developing a strong team of buyers
- Work closely with the supply chain function to ensure a secure supply of product
- Create channels / ways of working to staying up to date on competitive offerings in the marketplace, constantly refreshing skills, and communicating with team members to ensure market relevance and understanding of our position
- Expertise implementing a consumer product roadmap & framework, both off shelf and commissioned
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the gravitas to lead large negotiations with key manufacturing suppliers in far-east Asia
- Entrepreneurial flair with ability top down think and operationalises activities at ground level
- Strong contract negotiation experience
- New product development (NPD) experience ideal, commissioning new products whilst working alongside design teams
- Experience recruiting and managing a team
- Self-starter, passionate about delivering best in class products
This is a rare opportunity to join a highly ambitious and talented team with the infrastructure and investment needed to launch this start-up into a global household name. You will have ownership in developing the function and building your own team, in a start-up environment that offers agility and flexibility, but with the backing & investment of large corporate organisation.
To apply contact Adam Venting on 02071384100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Product, Product development, Procurement, Procurement Director, Electric Scooter, Electric Bicycles, Sourcing, Suppliers, E-bikes, E-Scooters, Micro-mobility