Senior Procurement Managers
The Parliamentary Procurement and Commercial Service (PPCS) is a service to both Houses of the UK Parliament. Parliament procures a range of works, goods and services contracts in a public-sector context requiring the highest standards of compliance and value for money. The PPCS Works category team is responsible for leading construction and maintenance procurement activity, including associated professional services, on the Parliamentary estate. The successful candidate(s) will join the Works category team to lead and advise on procurement activities, including OJEU, non-OJEU and frameworks competitions as appropriate. As the category team often supports major works projects, a candidate with experience of public-sector construction procurement is desirable but developmental training will be given to candidates with a strong track record in other procurement fields.
1) To project manage procurement exercises throughout the procurement lifecycle, providing advice and support to clients.
2) To work independently and confidently when leading procurement exercises.
3) Ensure the best commercial and required outcomes for the business in addition to a compliant process and result.
4) Identify opportunities to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and economy through procurement activity such as developing the use of frameworks and other related procurement route options.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Detailed knowledge and significant relevant experience as a procurement professional – offering advice and managing procurement exercises in compliance with public sector procurement regulations and EU procurement directives
- Personal credibility within the profession and a reputation for delivering at pace, with focus and tenacity
- A thorough understanding of corporate governance, compliance, risk and control
- Experience of producing quality management information and experience of reporting and reviewing the procurement function at individual procurement, category or function level.
More information can be found in the job description.