Sourcing Specialist - Marketing
An exciting opportunity for an ambitious Sourcing specialist - Marketing, in a recently restructured Procurement function. Previous experience in Marketing, HR or Professional Services categories needed.
Our client, a multinational financial services organisation has recently gone through an exciting reorganisation within its procurement function and is looking for a Sourcing specialist to join their team.
This role will support the Strategic Sourcing Lead in determining and managing the sourcing strategy within a defined category or sub categories, identifying and engaging with key senior stakeholders to ensure a robust methodology is utilised to identify requirements, search and appraise appropriate supply sources and negotiate contracts.
- You will engage with key partners to understand business requirements and to define and implement the category strategy, plans and processes for sourcing goods and services within the Marketing, Professional Services and HR categories, supported by the Strategic Sourcing Lead.
- You will maintain a detailed knowledge and understanding of the business / function’s business drivers, you will have a comprehensive understanding of how this fits into the overall business strategy.
- You will advise the business / function on procurement policies, processes and best practice, providing support as required.
- You will manage and drive key sourcing activities for business projects ensuring that they are delivered on time and to budget with appropriate risk management.
- You will maintain a holistic view across both Europe and Globally, you will be identifying opportunities for consolidation of business requirements and managing integration of stakeholder needs through engagement.
- You will develop and maintain long-term relationships with key existing strategic suppliers and identify potential new partners within categories of responsibility.
- You will work with Finance Business partners throughout budget setting process ensuring alignment to the category sourcing pipeline.
- You will review sourcing activities to ensure compliance with procurement policy and process, challenging non-compliant areas of the business / function as required.
- You will own, manage and track cost savings targets, policy compliance, adherence to the sourcing process and customer service for the category or sub-category managed.
- You will support the Strategic Sourcing Lead in driving a high performance culture, motivating and inspiring junior colleagues to deliver and exceed against performance objectives.
- You will develop relationships with Global Sourcing counterparts ensuring alignment with the Global procurement strategy
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a business or legal discipline
- Postgraduate procurement accreditation preferred (MCIPS or MIIAPS)
- Minimum five years specific category sourcing experience in complex markets
- Proven capability in negotiating sourcing deals in complex markets
- Strong levels of subject matter expertise, with deep market and supplier knowledge
- Good knowledge and application of best practice strategic sourcing process
- Good IT skills and working knowledge of Ariba or equivalent e-procurement system
- Good supplier and contract management experience would be valuable
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Project management experience would be an asset
- Experience in working in a fast paced Global organisation with multiple reporting lines
Beaumont Select is a leading Supply Chain & Purchasing Recruitment Agency for permanent and interim staffing solutions. We support a primarily blue-chip client base, in the provision of experienced Supply Chain & Purchasing Professionals; successfully resolving their Purchasing Recruitment demands. We have a proven track record in purchasing recruitment and are a leading purchasing recruitment agency. Complying with the BERR Beaumont Select are an Employment Agency and an Employment Business
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Banking,Finance and Insurance Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999
- Buying Banking,Finance and Insurance Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999
- Contracts Banking,Finance and Insurance Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999
- Procurement Banking,Finance and Insurance Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999
- Category management Banking,Finance and Insurance Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999