Global Purchasing Manager
Contract Type – Permanent contract based in Staffordshire
- Fully Qualified
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Electronics purchasing experience from Asia.
- Extensive travel to the Far East will be expected several times a year.
- forecast levels of demand of products with the sales team and manager long leadtime components with the suppliers.
- Accurate assessment of suppliers, and sub-supplier tooling capacities and manufacturing capabilities, working closely with Quality department to achieve customer demands.
- conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality
- liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers
- build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
- negotiate and agree contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided
- process payments and invoices
- keep contract files and use them as reference for the future
- develop strategies to make sure that cost savings and supplier performance targets are met - or exceeded
- undertake value for money reviews of existing contracts and arrangements
- forecast price trends and their impact on future activities
- keep a constant check on stock levels
- give presentations about market analysis and possible growth
- develop a purchasing strategy
- produce reports and statistics on spending and saving
- evaluate bids and make recommendations, based on commercial and technical factors
- ensure suppliers are aware of business objectives
- attend meetings and trade conferences
- train and supervise the work of other members of staff.
You'll need to have:
- excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- commercial awareness
- strong analytical ability to adapt to different client needs and to develop and maintain successful working relationships
- numeracy skills in order to analyse facts and figures
- the ability to lead and motivate a team
- a flair for negotiation and networking
- tact and diplomacy
- the ability to make important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines
- strong project management skills
- time management skills and the ability to deliver to deadlines
Although this area of work is open to all graduates, the following degree subjects may improve your chances:
- business studies
- operations management
- purchasing and logistics
- purchasing and supply
- retail management
- supply chain management.
Career prospects are good for people with the right combination of skills, experience and training.
If this sounds like something, you’re interested in then please get in touch!
Applicants must be able to travel across regions & abroad as required.
GX2 Technology Group
GX2 Technology Group is a pioneering world-leader in wheel and safety technology. The UK-based company was founded in 2010 by two lifelong school friends – Gary Thomas, a Director of his own transport compliance consultancy, and Gary Broadfield, a Director of Technology and serial inventor for a large Japanese electronics manufacturer.
Acutely aware of the global issue posed by wheel loss and the huge number of vehicles driving every day on under-inflated tyres, they brought together the marriage of skills required to help solve these issues in the automotive sector.
The early years of GX2 concentrated on attaining worldwide patent protection and developing the technology small enough to fit near the wheels of all vehicle types, from cars, motorbikes to commercial vehicles and industrial plant. 2018 has seen the launch of GX2’s patented products under the company banners of Wheely-Safe Ltd & Fit2GoTPMS Ltd for the fleet & retail sectors, including MICHELIN Tyre Pressure Management System (TPMS) Light Fleet (for cars, 4x4s, vans, minibuses, light plant and trailers),MICHELIN Wheel Safe (for buses, coaches, trucks, trailers and heavy plant) and Michelin Car/Caravan & 2x wheel( for cars, caravans, light trailers, horseboxes & Motorbikes).
GX2 Technology Group is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce.