European Buyer - Vegetables
European Buyer- Vegetables - Major FMCG Manufacturer - London based - £40,000 -£55,000 Basic + Bonus + package
This is a superb Procurement opportunity for a directs buyer (preferably food) to join a dominant player within their market- the largest branded food manufacturer with a turnover of €2.2 billion.
The successful candidate based out of the London HQ will enter a robust and key Procurement function within the Group which is highly successful and covers a Group spend of circa. €1.4 billion. This Procurement buyer role will be directly responsible for a core category, with a portfolio value of circa €20-30m.
Key Procurement responsibilities include, but not limited too;
- Become a pivotal player in a fast-paced, close-knit and highly intelligent Procurement team, being a Subject Matter Expert and demonstrating what best-in-class procurement looks and feels like
- Build strategic vendor partnerships within your category, negotiating favourable terms whilst also considering 'bigger picture' benefits beyond cost savings (e.g. risk, revenue & sales, liabilities coming down the chain, support models etc)
- Ensuring constant supply to 12 manufacturing sites across Europe
- Ensure robust cost models are in place with Co-packers and streamline the Procurement process where appropriate to deliver maximum value for the business
Essential Procurement skills include but not limited too;
- 2+ years' experience as a buyer (ideally food)
- Experience of designing a Category Sourcing Strategy
- Global or European sourcing experience
- Strong negotiation, tendering and contracting skills
- Performance measurement (supplier) and reporting
- Degree + CIPS desirable but not essential
If you are an ambitious Procurement professional looking to join a leading and highly successful Procurement function, that drives excellence, autonomy and challenges the status quo then this is an incredible career opportunity.
Key words: Procurement, Direct Procurement, Category Manager, Category Buyer, Supplier Relationship, Stakeholder Management, Procurement Category Manager, Indirect Procurement Management, Food Procurement, West London, Central London, Supplier Negotiation, MCIPS.