Senior Contract Manager - ICT
Are you seeking an exciting role where you will be playing an essential part in managing and/or overseeing the whole commercial life cycle as part of a large-scale transformation for our high profile client? If so, we would like to hear from you.
Working as an integral part of Commercial Services you will manage contracts and supplier relationships, as well as leading and developing category/contract strategies, managing procurement processes and/or rolling out commercial standards across the organisation.
You will provide essential senior commercial support to the business, proactively managing one or more s key contracts. You will contribute to delivering Commercial Excellence, providing a customer focused service, understanding the business need and stakeholder drivers, with the aim of becoming a trusted commercial advisor.
This role is dedicated initially to the management of ICT (Information, Communication & Technology) contracts and suppliers however you may be required to support other categories as required.
- Commercially astute with a track record of delivering significant financial benefits through effective contract management and supplier relationship management (SRM) techniques
- Applied knowledge and experience of managing service/systems integrators and ICT contracts in a multi-sourcing environment
- Good market knowledge of the digital and technology sector and associated supply chain
- Have an excellent understanding of contract law and applied working knowledge of interpreting, managing and enforcing complex service agreements / contracts / frameworks
- Proven track record and detailed understanding of commercial contract management processes, performance management regimes and incentivisation mechanisms
- Experience in the implementation of supplier relationship management strategies
- Experience of negotiating and managing large complex contracts
- Have a good understanding of commercial life cycle management and standard sourcing methodologies and a working knowledge of regulatory frameworks such as EU Public Contract Regulations
- Excellent leadership skills – a self-starter, a positive mindset and willing to work independently as well as the ability to work effectively as a team
- Experience of dealing with demand challenges in a complex and operational environment
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills – the ability to effectively communicate and report (verbal and written) - Able to interact and effectively influence stakeholders, building collaborative relationships where appropriate. Engages with users to understand requirements, influencing decision making, able to effectively question and challenge users (act as a “critical friend”)
- Politically astute with an ability to develop networks internally and externally
- Working knowledge of purchasing processes (Purchase – to – Pay)
- CIPS/IACCM/Commercial qualification (or actively working towards)
- Knowledge of ITIL, CMMI and/or other service management methodology
Due to Security vetting, all candidates MUST be eligible to work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to email@example.com stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.