Interim Senior Materials Planner - Hertfordshire / £250 p/d
Interim Senior Materials Planner required on an initial 6 month contract paying £250 per day to join a British multinational in Hertfordshire that specialises in sustainable technologies.
You will be responsible for supervising the Materials Planning team (3x direct reports) covering material ordering, inbound material movements and supplier management.
- Manage performance of the Materials Planning function and ensure team objectives are met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure all materials are available to meet the production plan to prevent material related downtime whilst ensuring raw material stocks are within defined targets.
- Manage the process from ordering to receipt into the plant, such that all inbound movements of materials adhere to warehouse capacity restrictions.
- Communicate and escalate critical Planning issues such as Critical Customer supply and risks to Working Capital.
- Manage supplier relationships and performance ensuring they are aware of, and are meeting, key requirements.
- Work with production planners to support the plan meeting all stakeholder requirements, including, line efficiency and customer demand.
- Support the application of Best Practice and LEAN Planning.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Previous planning experience within a Supply Chain capacity (Production, Demand and/or Materials)
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel skills (to an intermediate level) and high confidence and aptitude in learning new IT systems and working with data analysis.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to build good working relationships across departments
- Ability to supervise a team
Rate: £250 per day
Duration: 6 months +
If you are interested in this role and can demonstrate the above key competencies then please contact me directly on 01483 213 302 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss in more detail.