Category Buyer- Packaging
Category Buyer - Packaging
Premium Fresh Food Manufacturing Company
Location - London
Salary - £30- 40K + Bonus & Benefits
Contact - James Connolly, JobsJC@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
This is a superb opportunity to join an entrepreneurial and highly sought after branded food Manufacturer. My client seeks a bright, ambitious and up-and-coming Category Buyer to manage their packaging procurement. The successful Category Buyer will be able to work autonomously as well as to support the Head of Procurement and excel across all categories. Reporting to the Head of Procurement, this Category Buyer role offers incredible exposure to the wider business.
As a Direct Category BUYER, you WILL: -
- Focus your time on strategic sourcing, skilled procurement & project management
- Have direct management of 1 head to coach and train through the basic principles of procurement, tendering and governance
- Manage a challenging executive stakeholder community, honing your influencing skills and playing a key role in the further progression of procurement across this fledging business
- Own the cradle-to-grave procurement process (ITT, RFP, RFQ, contract drafting & negotiation, supplier relationship management SRM etc)
- Process the ability to operate with insight and foresight- having the confidence to make decisive decisions without needing to be directed
Required experience & QUALIFICATIONS: -
- A strong introduction to procurement via directly reporting to Head of Procurement
- Full working knowledge of end to end procurement lifecycle, with exceptionally strong stakeholder management, strategic sourcing and project management skills
- Ideally at least a year specifically spent working across an indirect procurement category (i.e. Packaging Procurement or Food Procurement).
- Degree & CIPS (or studying towards)
This is a stand-out opportunity for an ambitious procurement & sourcing specialist to focus on challenging strategic projects and progress quickly with the ability to morph your next role.
Key words: Procurement, Direct Procurement, Category Manager, Category Buyer, Supplier Relationship, FMCG, Stakeholder Management, Procurement Category Manager, Indirect Procurement Management, Beverage Procurement, West London, Central London, Supplier Negotiation, MCIPS, CIPS, Packaging Procurement, Food Procurement.