Senior Procurement Officer
As the Senior Procurement Officer in the Business Services and Supplies category, you will be responsible for delivering procurement projects that will have an impact across all Council services.
More about the role:
- You will deliver a variety of procurement projects up to and in excess of £5M each.
- Ensure that all aspects of the procurement process are managed legally, effectively and according to strong commercial principles.
- Undertake category reviews and deliver procurement projects which will identify and deliver cost savings, efficiencies and service improvement opportunities.
- You will use your procurement knowledge and skills to influence, lead and have a positive impact on stakeholders.
- You will ensure procurement compliance, drive productive collaboration and effective project delivery.
- You must have a sound knowledge of Public Sector Procurement and the Public Contract Regulations.
- You will report to the Procurement Category Manager.
Devon is a modern, vibrant place to work offering a range of jobs and staff benefits, including:
- flexible working opportunities;
- local government pension scheme;
- employee assistance programme, and
- competitive pay.
For an informal discussion please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone 01392 383000. Prior to 23rd August, please contact Leanne Hawkins: email@example.com, 01392 383000.
For more information on the role and to view the Job Description, please visit www.devonjobs.gov.uk and search using reference REC/19/05470.
Closing date: 09/09/19.
Interview date: 19/09/19.
For more information about Working for Devon please visit the Working for Devon webpages.