IT Procurement Manager
Due to internal promotions we are looking for a number of Procurement Managers across our various categories to join our Group Procurement Team . We are looking for the right candidates to deliver benefit to Royal Mail’s established Procurement function. The right candidates will ensure maximum value is obtained from a wide spread number of procurement activities. The primary goal of the Procurement team at Royal Mail is to deliver first class value for the business and protect it from risk, in support of the overall Royal Mail vision to be recognised as the best delivery company in the UK and across Europe. Royal Mail’s supply chain consists of around 5,000 suppliers. With an annual spend in excess of £2.25bn it plays a vital role in achieving our vision.
About the role
You will support the Senior Procurement Manager in the delivery of the procurement strategy and associated targets.
The Group Procurement function comprises of the following categories:
• Property and Professional Services
We are looking for procurement experienced professionals within the categories above therefore, please state on your application which, category you have the experience within. who will develop and implement procurement solutions, are innovative and ‘do things differently’ and support the identification, development and expediting of suppliers to deliver the business needs.You will quickly establish effective relationships with key stakeholders within the business, the Supplier Management/Strategic Contracts function and with external suppliers.
• Demonstrable track record of successfully delivering complex procurement projects
• Experience of working effectively with multiple cross functional teams
• Ability to influence and form relationships with business stakeholders up to board level
• Proven and proficient negotiation and communication skills
• Ability to act autonomously
• A creative thinker with the ability to innovate
• Educated to Degree (but not essential) or equivalent, and preferably CIPS or working towards
• You will have excellent analytical skills and be innovative in problem solving. With proficiency in your use and knowledge of Microsoft tools, you will also have strong communication and presentation skills.
At Royal Mail we connect companies, customers and communities across the country, delivering a ‘one-price-goes-anywhere’, universal postal service to more than 30 million addresses. As one of the UK’s leading companies, we are focused on being recognised as the best delivery company in the UK and across Europe.
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
For more information on Royal Mail Group and our Values please click on the link (http://www.royalmailgroup.com/our-people).
Closing Date: Sunday 1st September 2019. Please note, this advert may close early if the appropriate number of applications has been reached.