Procurement Manager - Energy
Experienced Procurement Manager required to join our client, one of the UK’s leading food manufacturers creating the food our nation loves most, in a business critical role developing & delivering the company’s Energy & Utilities sourcing strategies.
Our client’s purpose is to create the food our nation loves most for modern life, and they’ve been doing it a long time - many of their much-loved brands have been part of UK life for more than a century.
They’re one of Britain's biggest food companies and you'll find their leading brands in around 94% of British households, as well as across multiple international markets. They're listed on the UK Stock Exchange, with annual revenues of in excess of £800m and employ around 4,000 colleagues, across 15 locations.
Their UK Business Unit is responsible for developing their portfolio of brands in the following key categories: Flavourings & Seasonings, Cooking Sauces & Accompaniments, Quick Meals & Soups, Ambient Desserts and Sweet Treats. Their much-loved brands include Mr Kipling, Cadbury, Bisto, Bachelors, Ambrosia, Sharwood’s, Oxo, Loyd Grossman, Homepride, Paul Hollywood and McDougall’s with some supported by their strategic partnerships with Mondelez and Nissin.
Their International Business Unit is focused on developing new markets for their brands around the world, including Australia, USA, Republic of Ireland, Middle East, South Africa and Canada.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our client’s Utilities procurement category for a highly strategic individual with an understanding of strategic sourcing and the skills to manage commodities with volatile pricing.
As Procurement Manager – Energy, you will have key accountability & responsibility for:
- Developing and implementing Utilities category strategy
- Driving alignment across all business functions involved in the Utilities category
- Identifying and recommending hedging and trading approaches and policies
- Negotiation and implementation of complex contracts to meet business needs
- Identifying, negotiating and implementing collaborative relationships with key suppliers as appropriate
The role of Procurement Manager – Energy requires the following Knowledge/Qualification & Experience:
- Market knowledge of the Utilities/Energy sector
- Experience of maintaining live knowledge of supply markets
- Experience of buying Utilities
- Experience of managing a third-party energy management partner (including reporting and risk management)
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with key suppliers
- A deep understanding of strategic sourcing methodologies
- Strong analytical thinking skills, able to identify market trends and issues
- Ability to think laterally, utilising problem-solving skills to develop new approaches
- Negotiation skills, adept at managing complex negotiations
- Effective and highly adaptable communication skills and relationship building skills
This Procurement Manager – Energy role is a home based role with regular weekly travel to key UK sites – St Albans, Worksop & Lutterworth.
To register your interest in this Procurement Manager - Energy role, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to email@example.com, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.