Category Manager - Global FMCG
Category Manager - Global FMCG - Co pack - West London - Flexible working - £55-65k + car allowance + bonus
As a recent of a huge expansion, this award-winning global FMCG seeks an ambitious category manager to step into a newly created role, heading up their co pack category. Described as the 'powerhouse' category of the group, you will be working in a greenfield environment, devising and implementing strategy across one of the largest spend areas.
Operating out of their centralised procurement function in West London, you will gain exposure across different business units and multiple categories before progressing to Head of Category role. With further expansion on the horizon, you can expect to grow with the organisation and step into a senior leadership position within 24 months.
The Procurement Category Manager will be responsible for:
- End to end procurement across areas of co pack, you will execute the sourcing and selection strategy using a dynamic 7-step strategic sourcing process
- Managing a spend of c.€80m whilst developing and leading your own team, nurturing talent and using effective performance management to maintain team performance
- Working closely with suppliers and stakeholders across Europe to reduce cost base whilst maintaining quality
- Work on a cross functional basis with the NPD team to drive innovation and product renovation.
The Procurement Category Manager will have:
- End to end procurement experience across co pack and/or root vegetables
- Retail buying background is ideal
- 3-5 years procurement experience
- Degree + CIPS desirable but not essential
This is a fantastic opportunity for strong procurement talent to step into a newly created role heading up one of the most complex spend areas. For more information, or to apply, please contact Shiva at email@example.com
Key words: Procurement, direct procurement, category manager, category buyer, supplier relationship, Stakeholder Management, procurement category manager, indirect procurement management, indirect spend, direct, professional services, procurement, west London, Central London, East London, Directors, Middlesex, Food, Meat, Fish, Poultry, Food Manufacturing, Supplier Negotiation, SRM, Food Procurement, vegetables, co pack, manufacturing