Head of Procurement - Innovative Energy Major
Head of Procurement - Engineering Major - Greenfield - Buckinghamshire - £65k
Having taken over the industry over the last 100+ years, my client has established a successful global presence as the leading UK organisation in heat exchange manufacturing and are now looking to bring on board a senior procurement professional to head up their procurement function. Entering a period of substantial growth, your role will consist of implementing best in class strategies to improve the performance of the procurement function.
The Head of Procurement will demonstrate the ability to build strong relationships with senior stakeholders to understand the organisational challenges and deliver significant cost savings across the group. The successful individual will be responsible for the execution of innovative methods of driving procurement excellence across the group, including supplier performance metrics, risk mitigation, quality assurance and supply chain systems.
As the Head of Procurement, you will be:
- Embedded in critical categories and develop strong relationships with core suppliers. Managing a range of direct and indirect spends across two sites. You will identify organisational challenges and implement innovative methods to drive cost savings across the group.
- Responsible for leading system & process transformation by develop the current Epicor system. You will develop robust controls and procedures across purchasing to ensure a best in class procurement function.
- Managing a small team of procurement and contract professionals. You will be accountable for the development of the team and ensuring that talent is upskilled in the correct areas.
As the Head of Procurement, you will have:
- Impressive procurement, strategic sourcing or category management background within engineering.
- Ability to understand engineers' drawings and communicate effectively.
- Familiar with the use of Epicor or similar materials ordering, scheduling systems.
Having dominated the industry for over 100 years, this is a fantastic time to join a FTSE listed energy giant. For more information, or to apply, contact Shiva at email@example.com
Key words: procurement, indirect procurement, direct procurement, engineering, oil and energy, heat innovation, manufacturing, engineering procurement, analyst, head of procurement, Buckinghamshire, midlands, cost reduction, purchasing, stakeholder management, strategic sourcing, category management,