Senior Buyer IT and Technology
Senior Buyer IT and Technology - FTSE 100 Media and Communications Company
£35,000 - £40,000 + Bonus + Excellent package
This FTSE 100 media and communications company is known globally as a major technology player and is undergoing exciting developments and pioneering digital advances that will shape the future and is consequently in need for further procurement expertise. Procurement within this household brand is sizeable with several hundred employees and a multi-billion pound annual spend budget.
Specialising in IT procurement and working alongside a Procurement Manager, but owning your own stakeholders and projects, this role is ideal for an ambitious candidate coming off a graduate scheme to further progress their career in a prestigious company with a large spend.
Senior Buyer, IT & Technology role profile: -
- Working across a range of IT categories including hardware, software, data, security, networks and telco.
- Delivering maximum commercial advantage to this global company by developing procurement plans appropriate to specific products and services.
- Taking personal control of the utilisation of contracts and ensuring the ability of internal stakeholders to order items efficiently and making sure contracts reflect customer requirement.
- Streamlining of the supply chain processes on behalf of business partners and pro-actively seeking out process efficiencies.
- Ensuring the supply base delivers against contractual and commercial commitments and ensuring business benefit is realised.
- Negotiating commercial and contractual agreements with suppliers for all products and services.
Required background: -
- Experience in Procurement / Strategic Sourcing / Category Management with a proven history of commercial achievements (cost saving & avoidance, risk mitigation, supplier relationship management and performance improvement, stakeholder engagement)
- Proven experience in tendering, contract law and negotiating
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong commercial awareness and attention to detail
- Possess ambition and drive to quickly progress from Senior Buyer to Procurement / Category Manager
- Degree and CIPS qualifications preferred though not essential
This is a brilliant opportunity for a jump up to a senior position and to establish yourself in a FTSE 100 company based in the centre of London.
To find out more about this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Key words:- Procurement, IT, Hardware, Software, Telecoms, Category Management, Buyer, London, FTSE100, FTSE250