Indirect Category Manager
Indirect Category Manager - Global FMCG - Midlands
£45,000 - £50,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus
FMCG Major seeks a hard-working and collaborative Category Manager to join their growing procurement function in their state-of-the-art offices.
Their CPO is transforming their current procurement team into a best-in-class function thus opening up positions for experienced Indirect Procurement professionals to join the team. Projects will be geared at driving exceptional value on end-to-end procurement projects with both new and existing suppliers and vendors.
The role will initially place the Category Manager working alongside senior members of the Procurement team and relevant Procurement Category Leads in a role with a clear progression path within the organisation.
- Strategically sourcing on Indirect procurement projects within their large organisation
- Projects will include IT (Software/Hardware), FM (Soft/Hard), Prof Services and more.
- Initially working at a local level, the role will grow towards working at a Europe-wide then group-wide scale
- Working end-to-end on procurement projects including running the tender process
- Managing the vetting potential suppliers and the post-purchase supplier relationships
- Negotiating robust contracts with market-leading technology suppliers in line with company's interests
The successful Category Manager will …
- A strong background in working on Indirect procurement projects including IT, FM, Prof Services and more.
- Have a track record of delivering impressive individual savings against big-budget projects, and/or achieving excellent cost-avoidance
- Thrive in a fast-paced, vibrant environment
- Be confident when managing and influencing key stakeholders
- Have a Bachelor's Degree - 2.1 and above (or equivalent)
To find out more or apply, please email jobsAZ@bramwithconsulting.co.uk with your CV or directly via the Apply button below
Key skills: procurement, category manager, indirect, indirect procurement, IT, Software, Hardware, Prof Services, FMCG, Retail, Tender, supplier management, vendor management