ICT Category Director
As ICT Category Director you will have strong leadership skills & senior strategic public & private sector procurement experience with a demonstrable track record of delivering high value, high impact added value contributions across ICT Procurement.
In this leadership role, the requirements of the ICT Category Director include:
- Strategic delivery & management of the ICT category
- Developing category strategies for all ICT spend both internally & externally
- Ensuring category management processes are in place that enable the assessment of the market capabilities to meet the needs of users & business.
- Supporting the Director of Commercial in the development of the overall Commissioning Strategy.
- Implementing the Commissioning Strategy, ensuring the ICT category sourcing strategy is aligned to it.
- Developing strong relationships with the Business Groups & detailed knowledge of their categories in order to deliver value.
- Ensuring control of spend & specifically critical contracts are continually analysed in order to develop & drive value adding initiatives.
- On an ongoing basis track operation demand & patterns and introduce demand management mechanisms where applicable.
- Ensuring Commercial Contract Management safeguards the wellbeing of relationships and its impact on our client’s services.
- Responsible for the strategic SRM process within their category that enables our client to maximise the value it receives from its strategic suppliers.
- Responsible for the implementation of standard procurement policies, processes & Standard Operating Procedure’s within the ICT category.
- Developing & managing a strategically focused team.
- Providing procurement leadership & market insight to ensure maximum value for spend is achieved
The role of ICT Category Director requires the following skills:
- Effectively manages the market for their category
- Delivers significant corporate change in a planned & resilient manner
- Exhibits strong leadership across a multi-department arena
- Maintains focus despite contextual ambiguity
- Projects personal impact & credibility at all levels (including senior) of the organisation & external market
- Builds collaborative partnerships
- Generates effective solutions to complex problems
- Commercially astute
- Leads & empowers staff
- Engages with users to understand requirements
- Influences users’ choice
- Able to effectively question & challenge users (act as a “critical friend”)
- Expert Category knowledge
- Strong Procurement understanding & knowledge of standard sourcing methodologies
- Strong understanding of public sector procurement e.g., use of OJEU to issue tenders, conducting of competitive dialogue etc
- Strong understanding of Contract Management (CM) & Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) processes
- Strong project management capabilities gained through practical professional experience
- Working knowledge of Purchasing processes from Requisition–to–Pay Experience
- Leading, delivering & negotiating complex procurement
- A successful career in procurement where key achievements centred on cost savings & value for money efficiencies can be demonstrated
- Delivering & implementing strategic commissioning plans; focused on cost reduction & total cost of ownership models.
- Graduate/Post qualification. MBA desirable
- MCIPS would be advantageous
- Due to Security Vetting, all candidates MUST be eligible to work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
To register your interest in this ICT Category Director role, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to email@example.com, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Public Sector Director / Head / VP / CPO jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Buying Public Sector Director / Head / VP / CPO jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Procurement Public Sector Director / Head / VP / CPO jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Category management Public Sector Director / Head / VP / CPO jobs in £80,000 - £99,999