Procurement Manager - Greenfield Site - Global Professional Services Firm - Central London - 55 - 75K + Package
A globally revered law firm have a newly created vacancy for an experienced procurement professional to transform their 'Greenfield' function. Besides adding a shining brand to your CV, you will enjoy having genuine autonomy to create innovative strategies from scratch as well as receiving one-to-one support from the Global Head of Procurement.
This global procurement function has a remit to support the purchasing process worldwide, and with offices throughout Europe, USA, Australasia and Asia, the successful candidate will provide best practice procurement support on an international scale. In addition, you will mentor and develop operational members of the team in purchasing skills to enable this high-spending organisation to efficiently manage its key suppliers through the centrally controlled SRM programme.
This is an ideal role for an ambitious candidate that is looking to build on their IT procurement knowledge, gain a holistic understanding of general indirect categories (Marketing, HR, Professional Services, FM etc) and pave their way towards a Global Head of Procurement / Procurement Director position.
Skills and experience required:-
- Extensive experience within IT procurement and the IT supply market generally, and an informed understanding of working within either a small organisation or a Greenfield procurement function
- Significant end-to-end IT procurement experience, including supplier selection, stakeholder engagement, RFP / RFI creation, establishing SLA's and KPI's, contract award and SRM
- A proven track record, detailed on your CV, of holding successful negotiations for high value contracts (£1m+), preferably on an EMEA and Global basis
- A history of developing project plans, deliverables, metrics and milestones to achieve key business objectives
- Degree (or country equivalent) preferable but not essential
- MCIPS & Prince 2 (or studying towards) preferable but not essential
This is a rare opportunity to take control of a Greenfield procurement site within a truly global blue chip firm. You will receive personally tailored support from industry leading experts whilst maintaining autonomy and creativity, a blend which will inevitably act as a catalyst for fast-tracking your procurement career towards a Director position.
If you have the above skills and procurement experience, then this is a fantastic opportunity to push yourself beyond your comfort zone and add numerous bows to your repertoire.
Key skills: Procurement, Indirect, Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), SAP, Ariba, FTSE 100, Purchasing, Buying, Negotiation, Vendor Management, Category Management, Stakeholder engagement, IT Procurement, Marketing, HR, FM, Policy Implementation, Professional Services, Travel