Head of Category - Food
Global Food Procurement Director - Directs, Meat & Poultry Procurement- Global FMCG Major Executive Benefits Package - Global Transformation Projects - Accelerated Development Opportunities
Due to a restructure in their executive leadership team, a rare opportunity has been made available for a high-achieving global category director to join an esteemed organisation, assuming ownership of a C. €400m spend in critical category areas (ingredients, meat & poultry), whilst managing a team of 10 high-calibre individuals to achieve operational excellence in sourcing & category management. Joining the organisation during a period of unprecedented growth, the successful individual will be tasked with implementing best in class frameworks to improve procurement performance - creating a strategic roadmap for talent management & succession planning, covering multiple regions and levels.
Entering an award-winning procurement function as a senior-executive, the successful individual will be tasked with designing and implementing sourcing strategy for all categories in scope The Category Director will forge long-standing relationships with executive stakeholders to understand organisational challenges & requirements to improve profitability & quality from their supply base. This will include the identification, and implementation, of innovative methods for driving procurement excellence, including: Advanced Supplier Performance Metrics, Risk Mitigation, Quality Assurance, Supply Chain Systems and other creative methods of cost transformation.
Global Category Director - Directs (Meat, Poultry, Ingredients) Role Profile: -
- Operational Excellence - Being deeply embedded in critical categories for an iconic organisation, managing C. €400m spend and seeking to identify organisational challenges before implementing innovative methods for cost reduction/supplier performance management
- Talent Management/Succession Planning - Managing a high-achieving team of 10 individuals, creating a talent management roadmap to ensure employees are upskilled in the correct areas, and that talent is being motivated & promoted in the organisation
- Stakeholder management - ability to work with c-suite stakeholders, drive and influence decisions across the group
- Value Creation/Value Leadership - exposing new avenues of value for the organisation in creating subsets of their procurement excellence programme, seeking to unlock new levers for improved value
- Supplier Management/NPD - Select and develop suppliers and strategic partners while working as a member of cross functional teams including R&D, marketing, regulatory, quality and manufacturing to improve existing and develop new products across all brands.
- Category Management - Develop and execute sourcing strategies and strategic plans covering market trends, supply assurance, quality improvement, supplier development, sustainability, and financial & supply risk mitigation
Category Director Requirements: -
- Impressive Procurement, Strategic Sourcing & Category Management background, managing direct spend categories within a FMCG, Manufacturing or Consumer Goods organisation - achieving improved ROI with a broad supply base
- Strong background in ingredients, meat and poultry
- A strong track record of managing large teams to create a clear roadmap for talent management, motivating and upskilling in the correct areas to ensure organisational improvement
- Strong analytical skills with a background in identifying opportunities through procurement/supply chain systems
- Fantastic communication skills with an ability to engage at multiple levels in a matrix organisation, forging positive working relationships and seeking to understand organisational requirements
- Ambition to create change and develop in a blue-chip organisation encountering growth
- Degree, MBA & MCIPS preferred but not essential
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity then please apply through this link, or send an up to date copy of your CV to jobsSD@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Key words: Procurement, direct procurement, category manager, category buyer, supplier relationship, Stakeholder Management, procurement category manager, indirect procurement management, indirect spend, direct, professional services, procurement, west London, Central London, , Directors, Middlesex, Food, Meat, Fish, Poultry, Food Manufacturing, Supplier Negotiation, SRM, Food Procurement, Category Director, Raw Materials, Packaging, Directs
Apply for Head of Category - Food
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly