Luton Council – Corporate Procurement Service opportunities
7 days left
- Full Time
Business Partner X 1 - £50,716 - £53,625 + £3203 car allowance
Procurement Manager X 3 - £38,813 - £41,675 + £2500 market supplement + £3203 car allowance
Contract Manager X 2 - £38.813 - £41,675 + £3203 car allowance
All roles come with an excellent benefits package including a Local Authority pension scheme, attractive holiday allowance and the potential for flexible / home working. You will also benefit from investment in training and development, and the opportunity to shape your career in an environment where procurement is front and centre in shaping and delivering the commercial strategies that will drive a positive impact for the local economy and community.
We are working exclusively with our client, Luton Council, to recruit into a number of vacancies that have been created to deliver the new “Prosperity thorough Procurement” 5 year strategy. This is an exciting time to join Luton Council’s procurement function, who are on a journey to deliver real and tangible positive benefits to the residents of Luton.
Lead by the Service Manager Procurement, the teams’ deliverables include-
- Driving a commercial approach to contracting across the Council, in line with PCR2015 and internal governance
- Working collaboratively with other local public sector “anchor” institutions to maximise the impact that procurement activity can have on the communities of Luton and surrounding areas
- Development of a robust Social Value framework that aligns economic development, inclusive growth and our priority to eradicate poverty.
- Developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrating a robust strategic, commercial and collaborative approach.
Key Candidate Criteria:-
Business Partner - Management experience, this role will be managing at team of 6, including contract management, e-procurement and data analysis. This role will also deputise for the Service Manager and will provide cover for managing Procurement Managers and Officers
Procurement Manager – Hands-on experience / demonstrable understanding and working experience of PCR2015 ideally gained from working across a number of spend areas/directorates.
Contract Manager - Contract management experience with a background of handling dispute management / resolution, contract extensions and of advising internal stakeholders on best practice contract management.
In conjunction with this, core competencies include:-
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience of procurement best practice and commercial delivery within a centralised function, ideally gained in both the private and public sectors.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work across a number of different spend areas.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills, with the ability to be collaborative and nurture a team-working spirit.
- MCIPS certification or working towards MCIPS or relevant experience working within a professional / commercial procurement environment.
For further information on all these opportunities please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0)844 847 8336. All direct applications will be forwarded on to Nathan Ramsay, Director of Public Sector Practice at Langley Search & Interim.
Langley Search & Interim supplies a unique blend of interim and permanent recruitment solutions for jobs in procurement and the supply chain across the UK, Europe and internationally. We work with blue chips, privately owned businesses, the public sector and start-ups across the Consumer, Industrial, Public Sector, Technology and Professional Services Sectors. As the leading niche recruitment partner in procurement and supply chain jobs, Langley Search & Interim also provides valued career advice and support to candidates.
Take a look at our website at www.langleysearch.com and join our LinkedIn community at http://bit.ly/1MzkDeV for the latest industry insight, news and more exciting opportunities. As the leading niche recruiter of end-to-end Supply Chain, Procurement and Operational Excellence jobs, we also provide valued career advice and support services for candidates.
Unfortunately due to the high levels of response we receive, we are often unable to personally respond to every application. If you are suitable for the role for which you have applied or another role, we will contact you within 5 working days
Apply for Luton Council – Corporate Procurement Service opportunities
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Public Sector Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999
- Buying Public Sector Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999
- Contracts Public Sector Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999
- Procurement Public Sector Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999
- Category management Public Sector Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999