Buyer - GLOBAL FMCG - FOOD
PROCUREMENT BUYER - FISH/SEAFOOD - MIDDLESEX - £45-50K - RAPID PROGRESSION
Following a period of rapid expansion and acquisition of some of the most popular household brands, my client is looking for a buyer to manage one of their core spend areas! Working autonomously across the fish category, you will be responsible for one of the largest raw materials spends across the business, totalling over 40% of the entire sales revenue.
The procurement buyer will be responsible for a €50m spend, whilst developing and leading long-term sourcing strategy across direct raw materials as well as sourcing from co-manufactured finished goods. This is a fantastic opportunity to build relationships and work cross functionally across various business units including NPD, Marketing and Quality.
The Procurement Buyer will be responsible for:
- Managing the entire fish portfolio, including both raw materials and co-manufactured finished goods.
- Understanding key cost drivers, industry trends and standard methodologies to design & implement the sourcing strategies for the fish category.
- Using your innovative skills to develop and manage a network of key suppliers
- Working closely with senior buyers to ensure that all procurement functions are carried out efficiently
- Using your procurement expertise to manage category costs in line with budgets and drive continuous projects for improvement
The Procurement Buyer will have:
- Proven track record of working within food categories, any experience in fish buying will be beneficial.
- End to end procurement experience/ 7 step sourcing process
- Degree + CIPS beneficial but not essential
My client offers a fantastic platform for learning and development and will invest heavily in the right candidate. For more information, or to apply, please contact Shiva at email@example.com
Key words: Procurement, category manager, category buyer, procurement supplier relationship, Stakeholder Management, indirect procurement management, direct spend, food, fish, meat, poultry, ingredients, vegetables, protein, Central London, procurement, Procurement Analyst, European buyer, operations, procurement, FMCG , food and packaging, strategic sourcing, Middlesex, surrey, Berkshire, west London