Category Manager - ref 7562NR
- Full Time
Category Manager – £53.5 - £57.5k + bens including an attractive holiday allowance
Working for a Local Authority within an established team and reporting into the Head of Procurement, you will be a key player with a focus on the commercial delivery of the Councils projects across a wide variety of spend areas including highways, waste. The key deliverables for the role are:-
- Managing a number of category projects at any given time; looking to redefine the Council's needs and requirements in order to ensure the best possible service delivery models
- Leading commercial negotiations with suppliers on all contracts in line with EU requirements
- Proactively seeking new opportunities for the Council to buy and deliver services in new and more efficient ways
- Demonstrating a strong people/project management focus
Key Candidate Criteria:-
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience of procurement best practice and commercial delivery within a centralised function.
- Knowledge of category management and its commercial value coupled with the ability to challenge the ethos, influence and deliver best value
- Experience of working to PCR2015 / OJEU in an EU procurement compliant environment.
- Experience in Relationship Management, including supplier management, customer/stakeholder management, KPIs and continuous improvement.
- Degree qualified, CIPS qualified or equivalent
For further information please submit your details in a Microsoft Word format or call +44(0)844 847 8336 quoting reference 7562NR.
Langley Search & Interim supplies a unique blend of interim and permanent recruitment solutions for jobs in procurement and the supply chain across the UK, Europe and internationally. We work with blue chips, privately owned businesses, the public sector and start-ups across the Consumer, Industrial, Public Sector, Technology and Professional Services Sectors. As the leading niche recruitment partner in procurement and supply chain jobs, Langley Search & Interim also provides valued career advice and support to candidates.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive for posted roles, unfortunately we are unable to respond to each applicant. If we have not been in contact within a week, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We thank you for your continued interest in working with Langley Search & Interim.
Apply for Category Manager - ref 7562NR
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly