Contracts and Procurement Advisor (Part Time)
To provide procurement support and advice to internal and external stakeholders in accordance with BWC and statutory regulations. To identify, organise, facilitate and conduct the letting of contracts for a wide range of supply, service and works procurement arrangements for the Company.
- Undertake the day to day operational and technical aspects of tenders, quotations, mini competitions, frameworks, contract awards and post contract award activities. To include planning and selection strategies, commercial dialogue, drafting contract documents, assisting with specifications, stakeholder engagement, reporting and contract management functions.
- To provide timely professional procurement advice to internal stakeholders on the requirements of BWC’s Procurement Policy, EU Public Procurement Directives and all other procurement related legislative requirements.
- To manage the contracts database to ensure expiring contracts are identified and that appropriate actions/plans are in place to ensure continuity of service and compliance with Procurement Regulations.
- Maintain contract records, relevant databases, registers and systems ensuring they are accurate and up to date.
- Advising on and assisting internal stakeholders with managing supplier performance against contractual terms and KPI’s.
- Engaging with internal stakeholders to make timely decisions on contract extensions or contract close out and to plan for new procurement requirements.
- Support internal stakeholders with their relationships with suppliers, including attending supplier meetings with them as necessary.
- Participate and advise in negotiations.
- Deputise for Contracts and Procurement Manager as required.
This job description sets out the key outcomes required. It does not specify in detail the activities required to achieve this outcome.
- The post holder is responsible to maintain a safe working environment and ensure as reasonably practicable that safe working practices are adopted by employees within this work environment.
- Work in compliance with the Codes of Conduct, Regulations and policies of Bristol Waste Company.
- As a business Bristol Waste Company are committed to the continual improvement of our Integrated Management System (IMS) and our service delivery to meet the needs and expectations of our customers now and in the future. All staff are expected to work in line with the IMS and to contribute to this process of improvement.
Essential Requirements, Qualifications, skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a procurement role.
- Knowledge of contract law and EU public procurement regulations.
- Experience of running public sector procurements in accordance with the PCR 2015, including experience of below threshold procurements.
- 2 A level’s or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience of preparing, amending and ratifying all pre and post contract documentation and correspondence (including specifications and evaluation matrices).
- Ability to analyse complex information and present logically.
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Organised and self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision and have excellent organisational and time management skills so as to meet tender and project deadlines.
- Able to liaise and work with multi-disciplinary teams, colleagues and stakeholders.
- Be numerate, computer literate, have excellent attention to detail with practical experience of Microsoft Office products, in particular Word and Excel.
Desirable Requirements Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- CIPS qualification.
- Experience of setting up and running tenders via ProContract.
- Ability to vary influencing styles to best deal with internal and external stakeholders.
- Negotiation skills and evidence of negotiations.
- Experience of contract management.
- Current driving licence.
- There may be a requirement to work at other Bristol Waste Company locations.
- There may be the requirement to meet with Suppliers and Contractors at locations other than Bristol Waste Company locations.
Internal – Contracts and Procurement Manager, other Service Managers, Finance, supervisors, service users, other personnel and administrators.
External – Suppliers, Legal Services, Bristol City Council, Purchasing Authorities, contractors, consultants, other Teckal Companies and Local Authorities.