Commercial Manager - Overseas Prime Contract
Vacancy Reference Number: 51846
Location: Glasgow, G2 8EX
Salary: £32,425 + excellent pension & benefits
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
If you are an amazing Commercial Professional who wants to see the unseen and work for an amazing organisation, then keep reading! We are looking for experienced commercial professionals with a background in procurement for Facilities Management Contracts.
Would you like to be a part of team focused on supporting and delivering a range of new contract for the MOD Overseas? Are you interested in being part of delivering unique and complex infrastructure contracts for the armed forces? From estate optimisation to building runways for fighter jets; we do it all! Still interested? You should be!
Your primary function will be supporting the delivery of a programme of procurement sourcing activities which will provide a resilient and efficient Infrastructure support service across the MOD’s overseas estate for the following locations
- South Atlantic Islands
DIO Commercial is responsible for the procurement and contract management of infrastructure Contracts of the Defence estate in the UK and abroad including military bases, training facilities and accommodation. We provide Contracted services for catering, cleaning, guarding and other services that ensure the military can live, work, train and deploy.
More information about this exciting position, our team and DIO is available on Civil Service jobs.
We are passionate about delivering great things for our customers. But we also know you will have a life outside of work; we respect your priorities and our industry leading flexible working practices will give you real freedom to balance work and life.
We employ talented people who challenge and guide each other. At DIO you will work within a highly capable team who will support you to develop your skills, knowledge and experience.
Some of the many benefits you will receive:
- Professional and Personal Development of skills
- Flexi-time scheme upon completion of 6 months service
- Alternative working practices
- 25 days paid annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
- In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday.
- Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in a rolling 12-month period for volunteer reserve commitments.
- Special Paid Leave to volunteer up to 6 days a year.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Highly competitive pension scheme
- Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Sports & Social Club, Gym and / or site shops
More information is available on Civil Service Jobs.
For further information regarding this vacancy please contact:
Megan Cook - McCormick or Abigail Jones at DIOComprcl-PGManpower@mod.gov.uk.
Applications must be made online at Civil Service Jobs - Ref 51846
Closing date: 28 May 2020