Category Manager (Research & Development)
Are you an experienced Category Manager, with in-depth experience in research and development? If so, Astellas has an exciting new opportunity for you to help change and shape our Procurement function.
Astellas Pharma is an affiliate of Tokyo-based Astellas Pharma Inc., a top 20 global pharmaceutical research company. Astellas is committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the Americas and around the world.
About the role
The Category Manager will take leadership on Medical Affairs, Pharma Covigilence, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Research, and Quality Assurance on both a Global and Regional basis and be accountable and responsible for developing and executing the category strategies and drive multi-year transformation delivery value for Astellas. Key goals of the role include:
Working with Global Head of Category, Global Category Leads and Global/Regional Procurement Leaders and team members to execute the functional strategy Leading Category to develop effective value creation and cost reduction strategies and implementation plans Leading Sourcing Managers to ensure smooth execution of the strategy.
- Leading Global/Regional sourcing initiatives with accountability to work with the Business Units/Functional Areas & key stakeholders to deliver industry-leading value and relevant functional, business and performance objectives using a wide range of value levers.
- Developing, executing and being accountable for Category Strategies that are aligned with business requirements, provide short, medium- and long-term focus and generate market-leading deliverables.
- Engaging with key stakeholders in order to generate ideas and opportunities and ensure the Category strategy and plans are aligned to functional and business targets.
- Applying leading tools & techniques to segment suppliers for the category, understanding supplier performance, analysing market trends & constraints and deliver a broad range of value chain initiatives to improve performance, reliability, quality and life cycle costs.
- Championing TCO reductions and ensuring annual value delivery objectives for the Strategic Procurement of the assigned categories are met. Determining and continually monitoring the current supply market position in the specific category spend area to identify risks. Recommending actions to mitigate risks.
- Leading Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) programme for the category and ensuring participating suppliers deliver value beyond price objectives.
- Establishing Marketing and Stakeholder Engagement plans in order to create positive working relationships with senior global stakeholders; leveraging these relationships to influence and win support for Procurement transformation.
- Substantial Category management experience
- Evidence of developing innovative commercial solutions using a wide range of value levers Strong understanding of Category Strategy formulation and execution and the different approaches to be applied to different kinds of spend & supply markets
- Advanced negotiation and contractual skills Deep understanding of supply base management
- World-class supplier relationship skills
To make your application, please go to our website by clicking the 'apply' button below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.