Amphenol Ltd is part of the $8 billion p.a. Amphenol Corporation – a market leading, global, interconnect specialist. Amphenol is one of the world’s most innovative and advanced interconnect technology manufacturers. More than 70,000 “Amphenolians” connect our world throughout the 100+ Amphenol businesses across the globe. Each of our businesses embraces Amphenol’s entrepreneurial culture in driving leading performance through personal accountability – and our people are our most important asset. For anyone interested in a position to chart their own success, Amphenol provides the ideal work environment.
This highly successful site employs c250 people and specialises in the design and manufacture of a diverse range of connectors and interconnect products for a highly demanding customer base in the Aerospace and Military sectors.
Poised for further growth and investment, we are now seeking to recruit a Procurement Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of procurement activity associated with procuring a designated range of goods at optimum cost, delivered on time and to the required quality standard.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for 3 Strategic Buyers and 4 Tactical Buyers covering all direct and indirect procurement activities.
- Effectively manage all aspects of supplier relationships in a strategic manner to ensure continuity of supply whilst ensuring commercial terms are suitable for the long term aims of Amphenol Ltd.
- Encourage a competitive and varied supply market by applying best practice tools and techniques to analyse spend and gain maximum strategic and tactical advantage.
- Able to calculate batch sizes to both manage cost reduction and reduce in-house transactions whilst still optimising inventory levels to ensure product availability in collaboration with the Supply Chain Analyst.
- Promote Supplier Relationship Management and actively engage with key suppliers to address issues and identify potential opportunities to further develop collaboration and deliver continuous improvement of supplier performance (e.g. Costs, Service and Quality).
- Strong focus on contract management, managing both tender and negotiation processes for new contracts and contract renewals.
- Equally strong focus on supplier KPI’s, further developing and utilising vendor score cards for effective decision making.
- Coaching and developing the team in all aspects of effective vendor management and relationship management.
- Working cross-functionally with key business areas such as Operations, Engineering, Quality and Supply Chain Management.
- To provide appropriate procurement input to New Product Introduction projects and ensure that a robust supply chain is in place from initial launch to long term security of supply.
- To review all aspects of performance from your supplier base and to issue monthly reports detailing actions taken to obviate any failures or threats to the business; this would include Adverse Purchase Price Variance, Adverse OTIF and PPM.
- Estimated annual spend: £20m
- Estimated time visiting vendors 30%
In return for working for Amphenol Ltd you will have access to a global corporation touching every aspect of modern life. You will find countless opportunities to train and acquire new skills news, ranging from formal training and qualifications, to on the job experience and mentoring. Opportunities for travel to other Amphenol sites around the world along with supplier facilities.
Please go to our website to view our Data Protection Policy and Job Applicant Privacy Notice. If you would like a hard copy of these documents please contact the HR Department on 01227 773390.