Group Head of Procurement - Aircraft
Group Head of Procurement, Aircraft & Aerospace - Capital Equipment - Newly created position - Global FTSE 250 Defence - Surrey - £80,000 - £90,000 + Package
To apply contact: jobsAV@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Aggressively growing FTSE 250 Defence firm seeks a senior procurement lead with Aircraft Equipment purchasing expertise to lead a newly created team as part of their procurement transformation. In addition to skilfully managing a £multi-million Capital expenditure portfolio, the priority will be to deliver true business value & innovation, by challenging the status quo to optimise cost, efficiency and risk management practices.
Group Head of Procurement, Capital Equipment role overview:
- Skilfully managing a number of investment expansions in the UK and globally, new-build, demolition, removal & rebuild projects to supplement business requirements for £multi-million spend projects
- Developing procurement category strategies across capital defence equipment within Land, Air & Sea
- Managing, influencing and upskilling a globally dispersed team including 5 direct & indirect re-ports, driving high efficiency & impressive output
- Developing buying solutions to better manage tactical / tail-end activities
- Successfully engaging with an executive stakeholder community including Directors & VPs across Engineering, Supply Chain & Manufacturing
Required expertise: -
- Capital Equipment category experience within a defence/engineering environment for Aircraft
- Proven ability to manage, influence & upskill remote direct & indirect reports
- Strong knowledge of what best-in-class category management looks like, coupled with the knowledge of how to achieve it
- A strong understanding of contract management and procurement's role in delivering these processes
- Degree, MBA, MCIPS, Lean Six Sigma, Prince 2 qualifications preferred not essential
All candidates must have worked in the UK for the past 5 years, in order to obtain security clearance
This is a rare opportunity to join this iconic FTSE 250 brand's Procurement Leadership team, play a pivotal role in their Board-sponsored transformation agenda.
To find out more and apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly through this page.
Key skills: Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Team Leadership, Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Management, Supplier Relationship Management SRM, Project Management, Change Management, Capital Projects, Capital Equipment, Construction procurement, Engineering, Lean Six Sigma, Process Optimisation, Operating Model Design, Stakeholder Management, Negotiation, Contract Management, Materials Management, Total Cost Ownership, Surrey, Hampshire, London, Manufacturing, Defence, Aerospace, capital equipment, Aircraft, Aviation, Land, Sea