7 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: E-Procurement Manager
Section: Development & Regeneration
Reports to: Head of Service
Responsible for: No staff
Location: Stratford E15 / agile
Main Purpose of Job
- Manage and embed the on-line procurement portal for the Development and Regeneration directorate, which includes the construction, factory and sales teams.
- Set up new, as required, and manage current e-procurements (dynamic purchasing systems & frameworks) via the Proactis on-line portal.
- To work closely with colleagues across the Commercial Team and business stakeholders to ensure the effective development of e-sourcing strategy
- Oversee the ongoing development of the e-procurement system.
- Manage the addition of new suppliers to the system, within agreed timescales, and the regular review / assessment of current ones.
- Respond to new applicant queries and help manage their application process in a seamless manner.
- Enable in-house teams to smoothly run their procurement competitions using the on-line portal.
- To train new users in how to comprehensively use the on-line portal and provide refresher training for existing users.
- To ensure usable simple procedures are in place and embedded for all e-procurement activity.
Health & Safety
Under the Health & Safety at Work Act you have to ensure the Health & Safety of yourself and others who may be affected by what you do or fail to do. This includes colleagues, clients, public and contractors. The Act applies to all work activities and premises and everyone at work has responsibilities under it. You must co-operate with any work-place Risk Assessments and draw any perceived problems to the attention of your line manager. In addition to the general obligations of all employees under the Health & Safety at Work Act, you have a duty to undertake periodical review and Risk Assessments of your operational areas as it affects staff, clients, public and contractors. The Risk Assessment includes all aspects of your responsibilities as covered by legislation. These Risk Assessments will be recorded and identified problems dealt within appropriate time scales. Records to be maintained of all work undertaken which is a requirement of Health & Safety Law.
This job description accurately reflects the requirements of the job at the time of writing but may be subject to change from time to time to meet the changing needs of the Association.
SWAN HOUSING ASSOCIATION
JOB TITLE: E-Procurement Manager
LOCATION: Stratford E15 office / agile
Your application should address all the requirements of this person specification. This specification will form the criteria on which suitability for short-listing for interview will be judged and will form the basis of questions to short-listed candidates.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of managing on-line e-procurement systems, including dynamic purchasing systems and frameworks.
- Comprehensive understanding of regulations regarding public sector procurement.
- Experience providing advice and support on IT systems
- Procurement qualification
- Previous experience of Proactis e-portal
- Construction procurement / housing procurement background
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Self-motivated, performance driven with initiative to assess complex situations and make decisions quickly and effectively and deliver excellent customer service.
- IT literate
- Honest, open and accountable
- Have a "can do" approach and accept responsibility
- Have new ideas and always seek to improve