Materials & Subcontracts - Major Defence Project
Contact: Rhys at jobsRB@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Bramwith Consulting are working alongside a well renowned and highly regarded multinational defence major to build an exciting new team working on a complex and critical project. We are looking to speak to ambitious and talented buyers and procurement specialists who want to take the next step in their career.
This role will involve working as part as a close-knit and specialist supply chain team, responsible for all aspects of end to end procurement, sourcing, supplier, and contract management related to this long-term project.
This employer offers a degree of flexible working and is open to discussions around alternative and tailored working hours.
This would suit a motivated procurement professional looking to continue their career within project procurement. The Individual will ideally have experience of delivering on complex strategic sourcing projects, as well as a sound understanding of full end-to-end procurement and supply chain processes.
Overview of the Senior Buyer position:
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day procurement and supply chain requirements of the project, predominantly focusing on materials and subcontracts
- Working cross functionally with management and external stakeholders to develop a pipeline of requirements, helping to develop long-term procurement strategy
- Taking full accountability for the management of suppliers and their contracts, ensuring successful delivery of the project on time and on budget, and within the constraints of a highly regulated environment.
- Responsible for the management of supplier relationships, ensuring contractual compliance, identifying issues with performance, and successfully building relationships to enable consistent levels of delivery.
Requirements for this position:
- Experience of working on complex procurement projects, ideally within an engineering, defence/aerospace, or similar regulated and technical environment
- Exposure to subcontract management and direct materials procurement
- Excellent understanding of the end to end procurement process, including in contract management and supplier relationship management
- Strong academic record, CIPS and relevant degree qualifications highly desirable
Candidates must be aware that due to the nature of the project, they may be required to undergo security clearance, and must therefore be eligible for this. Including being resident in the UK for 5 years and having unrestricted right to work.
Salary: £35-40k DOE
To apply or find out more please contact Rhys at jobsRB@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Supply chain, procurement, project procurement, buyer, senior buyer strategic procurement, sourcing, supplier management, defence, aerospace, supply chain, engineering procurement, direct procurement, infrastructure, Devon, South West England, Plymouth, CIPS
Apply for Senior Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly