Head of Procurement
Head of Procurement
£70,000 to £80,000
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced procurement professional to take over the strategic management of a collaborative procurement partnership.
With an addressable annual spend in excess of £50m covering a range of categories, this role will seek to aggressively meet contracted savings targets through the development and implementation of a best practice procurement and category management strategy
- Acts as a role model of professional procurement practice, delivering high quality strategic solutions to meet the needs of the partnership and its customers, delivering value and having significant coverage and commercial influence over in-scope third party addressable spend.
- Installs best practice category management across the corporate procurement team, ensuring collaborative stakeholder engagement within cross-functional forums and gaining buy-in at the critical milestones .
- Ensures that their team implements a robust category strategy that feeds directly into the Procurement Strategy, that provides accurate; identification of addressable spend, third party expenditure cost models with associated cost reduction plans and ensures that the Cross Functional Category teams have agreed these.
- Provides commercial leadership to the Contract Management team on Procurement in the formulation and execution of sourcing strategies, which reduce contract-operating costs and meet contracted savings target
Essential Skills and Experience required
- Experience of public sector procurement and management processes is essential.
- Demonstrates a track record of developing and maintaining strong senior stakeholder and supplier relationships.
- Management of client stakeholders in a 1st generation outsource relationship would provide an advantage.
- Graduate calibre, ideally with a post-graduate qualification i.e. MSc/MBA, CIPS or ACA/ACCA.
- Demonstrates a track record of significant financial delivery. Demonstrates strong thought leadership in procurement and supply chain with a track record of implementation.
- Will have worked in a complex changing environment with demanding business objectives in a competitive market sector. Will have led and built successful functional at a contract scale.
This is an immediate requirement with interviews taking place over the next week. To express an interest apply ASAP.